LIS endeavors to hire and train the best educators available, both foreign and Khmer. Our recruitment policies match our mission: we are inclusive. We also welcome teachers with children, who have a wonderful experience at LIS. We are totally non-discriminatory in terms of age, sex, religion, and culture. We are international.
What counts for us is intelligence, energy, commitment to students, a passion for learning, a collaborative approach, a willingness to contribute to our curriculum development efforts, and a close alignment with our mission.
Our job is to lay the foundation for future learning, shape the early character development of the children, and prepare the young students for entry into excellent, competitive schools later in life. This is important and challenging work and we recruit teachers who are up to this lofty ambition.
Criteria for recruitment and selection:
- Must have genuine interest and love for children
- Creative and fun
- Highly organized, responsible, and reliable
- Computer literate
- All have strong oral and written English skills
- Possess the following skills in one form or another:
- arts / music / theater / dance / literary skills
- commitment to the continued development of our tailor-made curriculum