LIS makes an effort to host a parenting seminar or workshop every 3-6 months
We have found the parents very receptive to this initiative and we thank Ms. Gabrielle Ek for being the guest lecturer for the past two events.
Course objectives for parenting seminar are to:
- strengthen the relationship between the school and the parents, to improve cooperation
- experience and understand the role of parental involvement in maintaining quality learning environments for children
- develop realistic age-level expectations from knowledge of childhood behavior and growth
- clarify child rearing values and attitudes to explore methods of child guidance
- identify and apply safe and healthy practices in the home including: nutrition, first aid, wellness, exercise, stress management, and risk management
- discuss information on family concerns such as a child’s level of development, eating & playing habits, routines, transitions and limits, etc.
- develop and/or increase confidence in managing the demanding role of parents in a changing society
- strengthen family communication and relationships
Parents who would like a PowerPoint softcopy of the past two presentations are encouraged to approach the office during office hours.